Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Why So Blue?

Here’s a little snippet from my day I can’t help but share:

“Jen! Jen!” Nadine calls while running to the back of the room. Joshua and I pause in the middle of a math problem explanation as she arrives.
“I’m trying to work with Joshua now, what is it?”
She grins mischievously.
“Uzrie’s drinking ink!”
Skeptical, I look over to Uzrie. The guilty smirk says it all.
“Uzrie, come here please.”
He shuffles over, hiding his hands behind his back.
“Uzrie, are you drinking ink?”
He shakes his head, lips tight together.
“Smile for me please.”
Sheepishly, he smiles, revealing a set of beautifully shaded bright blue teeth.
“Look!” he sticks his tongue out proudly, “my tongue’s blue too!”

I’ll personally give you ten bucks if you could see all that and not laugh. I spent the rest of the day breaking out in giggles to myself when he smiled at me with his still-blue teeth. When I was in third grade I distinctly remember the boys daring each other to eat glue. Boys will be boys, no matter where you’re from I guess. Haha. Laughter in dealing with daily mini-disasters is one of my favorite things about working with kids. There are few things laughter can’t fix, even a set of fluorescent blue teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment